Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May In Review

This morning's humid but great 4 miler brought my May training to a close.  Finishing my first marathon in May truly made me realize that I CAN and I WILL.  I was only able to realize this with the help of my amazing and supportive family and friends, particularly Dave.  What he did for me on May 15, 2011 was the most selfless thing anyone has ever done for me in my life.  He got me to that finish line where so many family and friends were waiting.  I will be forever grateful for his support and I know my friends and family have the same gratitude for Dave.  Of course I learned a few other things in May as well.   In an awesome 8 mile run with Deb, Kim, and Mellisa one week after the marathon I was reminded to run for the love of it.  During a 5K with Kaelynn, I realized that I can learn a lot through the eyes of a child, specificaly running for fun.  This weekend I was reminded to look in the mirror and be proud of my accomplishments.  I also realized that it isn't the end of the world that I didn't run 100 miles in May.  Yes, running 100 miles every month in 2011 was a fun goal to have but what I gained this month in knowledge, experience, and growth can never be replaced with a number. 

May Stats
78.81-- running miles
0-- elliptical miles
.86--  bike miles
79.67--  total miles
0 minutes-- rope skipping
156.8-- weight as of May 31, 2011

Current 2011 Stats
549.11-- running miles
17.8-- elliptical miles
.86-- bike miles
567.77-- total miles
1 hour and 55 minutes-- rope skipping

Overall, May was an incredibly successful month.  With the help and support of my family and friends, I completed my first marathon and I found my love for running again!  Thanks again to all of you that helped me find me again!!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

1 comment:

  1. You rocked May!! And falling in love with running all over again is amazing!

    ReplyDelete