Sunday, May 15, 2011

I finished the Cleveland Marathon

You will have to wait for a detailed race report because I have A LOT to write about and I'm insanely exhausted, but here's the quick version.

Final Time: 5:53:24

No less than 8 full on anxiety attacks before and during the race.
Tears being shed no less than 5 times.
The desire to walk off the course at mile 7 but THANKFULLY Dave had my back for all 26.2 miles.  I couldn't have done it without him. 

Full report of the weekend to follow soon! 

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

11 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this news all day! Congrats on finishing!!! Be proud of yourself marathoner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to read the recap!! AMAZING lady!! you are an inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, you did yourself proud! It was a thrill to see you on the course and know that we were running the same race. I hope you are mending quickly and enjoying that post-marathon satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, you FINISHED. Far better than last year, right? Take pride in that accomplishment and in slaying the DNF dragon. Now you can look forward to new goals and new accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT JOB! Redemption!!! haha. Way to go, seriously that is an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodi, you finished! After last year, the anxiety was totally understandable. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing!!!! Sad I didn't make it for the meet ups :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finsish - can't wait to here the report.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jodi, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment!!!! I was watching your time come into Facebook all day and was so excited and nervous for you!! You should be so proud of finishing...you rock!!! :)

    ReplyDelete