Here's a look at how November stacked up.
November 2012 stats
90-- running miles
13.1-- walking miles
0-- bike miles
0-- pool workouts
1-- core fitness/strength training workouts
0-- P90x plyo workouts
103.1-- total miles
158-- weight as of November 30, 2012
Current 2012 stats
755.02-- running miles
13.1-- walking miles
18.7-- bike miles
3-- pool workouts
57-- core fitness/strength training workouts
1-- P90x plyo workouts
786.82-- total miles
158-- current weight
2012 "to do list" September check-in
2012 Running Goals
1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon
-I will not be attempting this goal until 2013 and I have come to terms with it.
2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00
-I have come to the decision that I am not going to run a full marathon this year. With a goal of running a 1/2 marathon every month this year, I think it would be a bad idea to train for a full at the risk of getting injured.
2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month
- 90 miles run in November. In addition I walked 13.1 miles so that puts me at 103.1 for the month. I will consider that a success.
2. Run a half marathon each month
-Savannah Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon (3:47)--I made the decision to walk the 13.1 with my best friend, Deb. I wouldn't change this decision for the world! It was awesome to spend that time catching up with her since she now lives in Chicago. Completing this half also knocked another state off our list of half marathons in all 50 states.
|Deb, Nikki, and I at the start line|
2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis
-1 strength training workout- one is better than none I suppose.
2. Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods
-6 well-balanced meals prepared in November- not bad, we also had a few meals at my mom's house when we were there for Thanksgiving.
3. Drink more water
-I continue to have success in this area.
4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year.
-Umm...yeah....ummm....I only have 31 days left.......
I definitely increased my mileage in November and I am quite happy about that. Of course the fact that I started training for my next goal race this month helped in this area.
Up next is the Reindeer Run 5K. Pretty sure the last time I did a 5K was back in June!! It should be fun!!
Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!