Wednesday, October 3, 2012
I am not so sure how it is October already but I will certainly take it! With the start of a new month comes a month in review. Here's how September shaped up.
September 2012 stats
76.33-- running miles
0-- bike miles
0-- pool workout
0-- core fitness workouts
76.33-- total miles
157.8-- weight as September 30, 2012
Current 2012 stats
628.62-- running miles
18.7-- bike miles
3-- pool workouts
56-- core fitness workouts
647.32-- total miles
157.8-- current weight
2012 "to do list" September check-in
2012 Running Goals
1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon
-Still havent attacked this goal and I'm not so sure I will do so before the end of the year.
2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00
-I have come to the decision that I am not going to run a full marathon this year. With a goal of running a 1/2 marathon every month this year, I think it would be a bad idea to train for a full at the risk of getting injured.
2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month
-76.33 miles run in September- I was much closer this month. I'm perfectly happy with my mileage this month as I had some fantastic runs with some great friends.
2. Run a half marathon each month
-River Run 1/2 Marathon (1:58:45)- It was a fun run with the girls.
2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis
-0 cross training/strength training workouts done in September. Once again I have no excuse for this, I just didn't do it.
2. Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods
-8 well-balanced meals prepared in September- not bad but not great.
3. Drink more water
-I continue to have success in this area.
4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year.
-Totally slacking here too, and rapidly running out of days in 2012!
Overall, September was a good month and I can't complain!
Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!