Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August in Review

Today's four mile tempo run brought my August training to a close. Nice warm-up mile of 8:57. Followed by 8:24, 8:15, and 8:15. Not too bad!!

August Stats


93--- running miles
0--- elliptical miles
0--- bike miles
93--- total miles
150.2--- weight as of August 31st, 2010 (down .8 since July 30, 2010)



Current 2010 Stats

744--- running miles
52.9--- elliptical miles
5.1--- bike miles
802--- total miles



Overall, August was a great month! I had a great time in Chicago running the RNR 1/2 with great friends. It wasn't a PR, however I crossed the finish line and in the end that was the ultimate goal! I also got to enjoy a 5k with my brother. He may have beaten me and kept the "family champion title" however, I am proud of how I ran especially since it earned me a 1st place finish in the 35-39 age division!



I am looking forward to September as I will be running alongside Jenn when she toes the line at her first half marathon on September 12th. We have one last long training run scheduled for this Sunday and I am looking forward to that as well. It is always great to run with someone else. The time seems to go by much faster.



Once Jenn and I cross the finish line on September 12th, I will continue on with my new training plan created by Joe (thanks Joe)!! It is my hope that I will have a PR performance at the Detroit Free Press 1/2 Marathon on October 17!!



Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

3 comments:

  1. Hee, hee! Thanks for the award! I'm so not deserving though. :-) Keep up the good work! I'm wondering if the blisters are from the insanely hot weather lately? Who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading your blog, very interesting! More power to you!

    scarlet cloudveil

    ReplyDelete