Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Didn't Get The Memo...

The marathon schedule called for an easy 5 mile run today. Since I am not a fan of ice skating and my development was a sheet of ice I headed to the Y this morning to use the indoor track. I was ready and waiting for them to open the doors at 5AM and headed upstairs to the workout area. Once upstairs a fellow Y member says: "I'm glad everyone got the memo, well except for you, Jodi." It took me a second to realize what he was referring to. Turns out everyone was wearing red today except for me. Fellow Y member jokingly says, "no running for you since you are wearing gray not red." At this point the Y employee behind the desk became my new best friend when he said "hey now, I have seen that girl run 91 laps around this tiny track so I say she has earned the right to run in any color she wants." I smiled and thanked him and then off I went to run my 65 laps in my gray RNR Chicago 1/2 Marathon shirt and black running skirt. And if you were wondering, it was completely a coincidence that everyone was wearing red this morning..there was no memo!! :) It was just the right amount of comic relief to start a great day!

So, did you get the memo? Did you wear red to workout today?

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

8 comments:

  1. Too funny! Girl I don't know how you do the laps and keep track of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Morgan...I wear my Garmin and hit the lap button each time around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, being the odd woman out could be a great motivator! Everybody has noticed you, so now you HAVE to do a great job with your running .... or everybody might notice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Very cute :) Nope, I wore white/purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitly did NOT get the memo!! ahaha

    Great job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny! I ran in green today so I wouldn't have been able to run with them either. But I did do 72 laps around my track so that counts for something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's too funny! Good job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could have gotten the memo...and just wanted to be a rebel and be different :-)

    ReplyDelete