Sunday, January 2, 2011

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting....

Oh wait....that's just a song and a fun one to run to I might add. Jenn and I weren't kung fu fighting but we certainly rocked the ninja look today on our first long run of 2011!

The plan was to meet Jenn at the Metroparks at 7 AM for our 7 mile run. I got there a few minutes before Jenn and I turned my truck off at first and then decided I wanted to have the heat back on. Only problem, I turned the key and NOTHING!! Yep, dead battery. So I had to call my hubby at 7 AM and wake him up to tell him the battery died. Jenn and I headed out on our long run. Jenn forgot her music so I left mine behind as well. Great decision! We talked the entire time! It was great. As we were heading back towards the cars, we passed fellow dailymiler Bill and we exchanged our hellos. Jenn and I make it a point to go a mile further than we intend to run so we can walk a mile cool down at the end. Today we decided perhaps maybe we should only do a 1/2 mile cool down walk when it is this cold. As we were walking back, Bill passed us again and I mentioned my broken car...dead battery. He said he had cables and he was kind enough to wait until we returned to see if he could help. In the end, the hubby and kids were there with cables. However, the fact that I fellow runner would wait to be sure we were safe speaks volumes about the running community! Thanks again Bill!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the title... I see we were both motivated by songs. It was a great run, and nice to talk too. I am looking forward to our next run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture!! :) Is it really that cold there?? In CT it was in the 40's and I did my run with just a long sleeve shirt and pants :) I am sure the snow will be back soon enough. Glad your car situation got taken care of, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenn- yes we were both motivated by songs even though we didn't listen to music on our run today!!
    @Kim- It really was that cold today! Temperature was 24 (feels like 12) degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good run!! Glad you were able to have the car thing straightened out so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete