Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shopping Can Be A Workout Too

So my kids headed to Pop Pop and Grammy's for the week on Sunday and my dear friend Deb and I headed to Columbus for a mini girl's trip. We got into Columbus Sunday afternoon and headed over to Easton where we spent a good four hours shopping (most of that time being spent in the container store. I could use up my life savings in that store. So many cool things!) Sunday evening we enjoyed dinner at the Melting Pot. We had A LOT of food and I was glad that I had run 10 miles Sunday morning. We headed back to our hotel after dinner and decided we would head to the outlet mall in Jeffersonville in the morning. Before I go on, I should mention that Deb and I are not big shoppers. Now imagine our surprise when we realized we shopped for 7 hours straight on Monday! Shopping is a lot like work! We had an amazing time shopping, people watching, and laughing until we cried at the outlets. We also found awesome deals ($98.00 jeans for $14.24 is just one example) as you can see in the photo below. When Deb emailed my husband this picture, he sent me a text message which said: "Ok that's her stuff so no room for yours. Glad I didn't buy you a Suburban." Deb and I laughed when I read the text message and I replied with: "actually mine was more than half".

We called it a day around 6:30 PM and started on the 45 minute drive back to our hotel. There was dead silence for awhile. It was really quite comical when we realized it. Neither one of us has ever been quite so sore from shopping! When we got back to our hotel Deb even commented that she may have felt better after running 13.1 miles at the Cleveland Marathon. Me, not so much, seeing how I felt like I had been hit by a Mac truck after 25 miles at the Cleveland Marathon. We headed up to our room and sat there for awhile commenting on how sore we were. In fact, we both updated our Facebook status to reflect just how tiring shopping had been. I truly think I was in less pain after my 10 mile run on Sunday than I was at the end of our shopping trip on Monday. We eventually decided we should find something for dinner. We headed back to Easton and had Bon Vie. It was very good, but of course I ate too much again. Yesterday was our last day in Columbus and Deb had ordered a shelving system for her daughter's bedroom from the Container Store so we headed back to Easton where we spent another two hours shopping. We went into a few stores we hadn't gone to on Sunday and then we headed to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. Deb convinced me to be adventurous and try something new so we shared a chop salad and fish tacos. I was pleasantly surprised! I really enjoyed the meal and would definitely order it again. Now, if they would just put this restaurant in on the West side of Cleveland we could go there more often! Our final stop was the container store. After all was said and done, my Trailblazer was filled to the rim (both the back seat and the back hatch area). Take a look at the picture.

We didn't do one ounce of running on our trip but we certainly walked A LOT! How could we not walk a lot when we shopped a total of 13 hours in three days!?! It was a great trip and I can't wait to do it again!

And no worries on the running front, I got out there this morning for a nice 5 miler!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

5 comments:

  1. It's a shopathon! Glad you ladies had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all of those packages! I LOVE the Melting Pot, too! Looks like you had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a well spent weekend with a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping is totally a workout! Sounds like fun!

    Yes, Katye from Long Legs on the Loose and I are racing and are in corral 8. Have you run this race before? I know nothing about where to meet, etc. But I always wear "LOUD" outfits. Nothing is finalized yet, but when I figure it out I will let you know and maybe you can spot me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TMB- I have never run Chicago. Friends and I decided we wanted to try and run a 1/2 marathon in all 50 states and we heard good things about this one and figured it would allow us to cross Illinois off our list! In fact, we were deciding between the RNR and the other Chicago 1/2 in Septmeber and my cousin said her friends do RNR every year and love it. I haven't decided what I am wearing yet either. I don't have any "LOUD" outfits. Guess I am boring! Please let me know once you decide so I can try and spot you!

    ReplyDelete