Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's Chicago Rock 'N Roll 1/2 Marathon Week

One week from today I will be running the Chicago RNR 1/2 Marathon with these three lovely ladies and amazing friends. Our registration included tickets to the Uncle Kracker concert on Friday night so we will be making it a girl's "running" weekend of sorts.
Nikki, Marilyn, Deb, and myself
Nikki has graciously agreed to host a pool party for all of us and our families on Thursday night. It will be fun to get together with everyone before we head to Chicago on Friday morning.
Nice inviting pool
Friday we will head out in the morning and stop and pick up our race packets and concert tickets before we head to our hotel for check in. The plan for Friday night is to have dinner at Smith and Wollensky, a well-known Chicago Steakhouse. I'm looking forward to experiencing the view from the restaurant as well as the food and atmosphere of the restaurant itself. The pictures online are amazing!

After we finish dinner, we will head to the Uncle Kracker concert and enjoy the rest of our evening in Chicago.
Uncle Kracker
I do believe that we will do some shopping on Saturday, but definitely not the marathon of shopping that Deb and I did this past week! Of course we will be on the hunt for a nice carb loading dinner on Saturday night. I do believe Deb is looking into an Italian restuarant for us. I'm looking forward to that experience as well.
The pasta dish from my 22.2 mile training run
We will most likely head to bed early Saturday evening so we can be well rested for the 6:30AM start of the race.
The start of the 2009 RNR Chicago 1/2 Marathon
It is going to be a really fun weekend with a little bit of running thrown in!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

8 comments:

  1. We really do need to meet up. I need to look at the start area better and figure out where would be a good place for all of us to spot eachother.

    If I don't see ya -- good luck! I can't wait -- it should be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be awesome!! Have a great time and I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great run!!! Good Luck! Can't wait to hear or I should say read how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came over from Tall Mom this morning - Wow, what a fabulous weekend you have planned - can't wait to read your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! @Running Diva- Good luck to you as well! I hope we get a chance to see each other!! @Rebecca and Staci- it is going to be FUN!! @Jenn- Thanks for the good luck wishes. @Maxi- Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure of our plan yet for getting down to the city from Schaumburg (with the kids!) on Sunday morning. Since pre-race is always so crazy with start corrals, potty breaks, nerves, etc, I figured it would be easier to meet up AFTER the race. There are a few people interested in meeting up.

    I'm in Corral 7 and will take just under 2 hrs to finish hopefully. I plan on meeting my family in the family meeting area, near the "R" sign for "RUN". Hope to see you there.

    I will be at the Expo on Saturday by noon. If you see me, hollar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think our group had picked the "C" for Chicago but I will see what we come up with. As I have mentioned I am in Corral 8 and I hope to finish just under two hours as well. I will look for you since the next closet person to me to finish in our group will take about 2 1/2 hours and she starts in Corral 18.

    ReplyDelete