Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pre-race preparation

Well, tomorrow is the Mill Creek 1/2 Marathon. Yesterday was my last workout before the race. I had a jewelry party for my step sister-in-law last night so by the time I got out the door to run it was 10 PM. I have never run outside that late but I didn't want to run on the treadmill . The air was brisk but not cold. I ended up running a mile loop in my development three times to get in my three miles. I chose to run the loop because the loop is covered with street light after street light. I ran very slow and easy. 29:09 for 3 miles (9:38, 9:32, 9:54).

Now I am packing and getting ready to head to Youngstown. My brother has been kind enough to give me and my "cuz" access to his apartment for the night. The best part of that is that he is about 10 minutes from the start line! You have to love that. Now the crazy thing is that my brother is single and lives alone so I can't rely on his cupboards and refrigerator to be stocked so not only am I packing my running gear, I am also packing my "go to" foods for pre and post race fueling.

"Cuz" and I are going to second sole this afternoon to pick up our packets. We may try and take a gander at the course after that and then finish up the night with carb loading at Olive Garden. I am so excited! I can't believe it is finally here!

Keep running, you're simply the best and you inspire me!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Good luck, have fun, I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! It was a HARD course!! I will be blogging soon. Certainly no PR today, but still finished under two hours so I will take it!

    ReplyDelete