Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Recovery Run

Well, the aftermath of the hills greeted me when I woke up yesterday. I made it about thirty minutes into my day before I made a call to see if my massage therapist had any openings for today as they always say if you think the day after a 1/2 hurts, just wait until day 2. Yep, that's definitely accurate considering I woke up in more pain today than yesterday. Thankfully, I was able to get in for a massage today after work. It was a bit comical when he saw me because I had just been in for my monthly massage last Tuesday. He just looked at me, smiled, and said "I knew I was going to see you this week". The hour massage went very well. It was of course painful and pleasant at the same time. I definitely had a lot of tension and lactic acid built up because my body kept cracking. My therapist determined that both my ankle and my hip were out of place and worked them back in and I experienced sweet relief. He did tell me that I did a great job on my body and he thanked me because it was job security for him! He also told me that I need to schedule a 90 minute massage from now on after long runs or races. I can honestly say that when I walked out of there my legs didn't hurt at all. I came home and headed out for a 4 mile recovery run tonight which was actually pain free. I am feeling some tightness in my legs as the night progresses but I feel at least 85% better than I did this morning. My scheduled run for tomorrow is a 7 miler. Once I finish it and see how I am feeling I will then decide if I'm going to run the St. Malachi 5 Miler on Saturday. If my legs aren't quite up to par I will likely just run the race as a training run.

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!


  1. That is so nice that she got you in!!! I really need a massage :-)

  2. Ooh, I agree with Staci! It's really neat you have a regular person to go to, who notices the differences in your muscles and knows what you need! I'm glad you are feeling better!