Thursday, February 18, 2010

Unscheduled Rest Day

Today I was scheduled to run 3 miles however my body had a different plan for me. I started with a headache this afternoon and hoped it would go away with advil but unfortunately it did not. I had a headache almost a month ago to the day that caused me to take an unscheduled rest day. I was scheduled to run 3 miles that day as well. Coincidence? Irony? My body telling me I need to slow down? I'm not sure what to think. Last month I took my rest day without a second thought. Today I was frustrated for a little while when I realized I had to miss another run due to a headache. However, a very wise individual told me that it is better to miss one workout as opposed to pushing my body too hard and having to take several unscheduled rest days. Needless to say, I took the advice and opted out of the workout tonight. With that said, I am putting myself to bed in the hopes that I will feel much better tomorrow.

Keep running, you're simply the best and you inspire me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment