Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thumbs Up Thursday...Lisa

This week's spotlight is on Lisa.  Once you read her interview head on over to dailymile and check out her training (here).

Warrior Dash
Jodi: How long have you been running?
Lisa: I have been running for 1 year.

Jodi:  Why did you start running?
Lisa:  I was in the market for a treadmill, because I had always walked for fitness. About this time I transferred to a new dept. at work and met Kris, one of the CNP's and she was talking about how she took up running and how "great" it was. I thought she was crazy when she said, "Oh, you can do it." So, I thought I'd give it a try, ha, I don't even think I made it a minute the first time. Well, as soon as she found out I was trying, she jumped on the bandwagon and wanted some of us to sign up for a 5K, I couldn't believe it, I told her now I know you are crazy !!! So, me being me, with this new idea in my head, I mapped out a 3 mile loop around my neighborhood and started training. I figured if I could make it somewhat ok, then I would sign-up. I thought it would just be something I could cross off my bucket list, little did I know that I would love it so much.

Jodi:  How many years have you been racing?
Lisa:  It will be a year in October.

Jodi:  What is your favorite distacne to race and why?
Lisa:  I have done more 5K's than any other distance.

Jodi:  What is your favorite race memory?
Lisa:  During that first 5K, Kris came and ran with me about the last 100 yards to the finish line. They were already done, but she was watching for me to come around the bend into the stadium and she pushed me to run to the finish when all I wanted to do was walk, that was a very special moment and it meant alot to me.
Lisa's 1st 5k--Amherst Skeleton Run

Jodi:  What is your least favorite race memory?
Lisa:  Well, it's really not that bad, since it was still a major accomplishment. My friends and I signed up to walk the 2011 Cleveland 1/2 Marathon, at the time, I was already bitten by the running bug, the weren't yet. I am happy to report they are now !! Anyway, I really missed not being able to run over the finish line, we had to walk the whole way. But, I will get my chance at the Towpath 1/2 in Oct. and we have already signed up for the 2012 Cleveland 1/2 .

Jodi:  What is your proudest running moment to date?
Lisa:  Finishing my 1st 5K.

Jodi:  What one item do you absolutely have to have with you on a training run?
Lisa:  My Ironman watch, I am too obsessed with time..lol.

Jodi:  What is your favorite fuel during a race?
Lisa:  I like the strawberry banana GU.

Jodi:  What is your favorite post race snack?
Lisa:  Banana and later on a beer.

Jodi:  Do you have a favorite quote?
Lisa:  It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Jodi:  Finish this statement, when I run I feel _________.
Lisa:  a great sense of achievement.

Jodi:  Who do you admire most and why?
Lisa:  I admire people that go out and pursue their dreams no matter how many people tell them it can't be done.

Jodi:  What is your current goal?
Lisa:  To finish the Towpath 1/2 in under 3 hours.

Jodi:  Please feel free to add anything that will motivate others to lace up their shoes and get out there and run.
Lisa:  I would tell someone that if I can do it, anyone can !!! I have met alot of great people,be it in person or over the computer, it is amazing how other runners welcome you into the fold, just like they have known you forever. They are always willing to help out us newbies. So, I say buy some good running shoes, set some goals, and get out there !!!

Of course there can never be too many pictures on Thumbs Up Thursday so I give you these as well!!

St. Malachi

Lisa with Kathy and Jean at the Kerstetter 5K

Thanks again for the opportunity to give you a Thumbs Up Lisa! Best of luck achieving your sub-3hr half marathon!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and Lisa YOU inspire ME!!

1 comment: