Saturday, July 16, 2011

RIP "Uncle" Joe Brindza

You may remember that I ran the Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon back in April.  I ran it in support and honor of my "Uncle" Joe who had been diagnosed with esophogeal cancer and was in the fight of his life. 


He was feeling well enough to be at the finish line after my journey and I was able to give him a hug and tell him that all 13.1 of those miles had been for him. 

"Uncle" Joe lost his battle with cancer this morning.  He fought the good fight and he is no longer in pain.  He was one of the most amazing men I have had the opportunity to be related to and know.  I know he is already looking down on his entire family supporting us every step of the way.

You will be missed dearly "Uncle" Joe.

Keep running, you're simply the best, and "Uncle" Joe your memory and will to fight inspire me!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Jodi. Peace to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your uncle, Jodi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss, Jodi. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss Jodi! What a great tribute to your uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss, I'll keep you nad your family in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss Jodi! :(

    ReplyDelete