Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Treadmill Anger Management

When I got off work today, it was raining cats and dogs! It was crazy, windy rain! I decided to stay out of the elements and hit the treadmill so I headed down to the basement and decided to find something to watch while running. I was thrilled to see that the last 45 minutes of Anger Management were on....perfect...I want to run 5 miles and it will take me about 45 minutes. I decided that I was going to mix it up on the treadmill so I wouldn't get bored and feel like a hamster running on a wheel. I decided to break my run up into segments. In the end it looked like this:

0-5 minutes @ 10:00/mile
5-10 minutes @ 8:34/mile
10-15 minutes @ 9:40/mile
15-20 minutes @ 8:20/mile (managed to open a snack for Grant while still running.)
20-25 minutes @ 9:40/mile
25-30 minutes @ 8:34/mile
30-35 minutes @ 9:40/mile
35-40 minutes @ 8:20/mile
40-45 minutes @ 9:40/mile

As much as I would have loved to run outside, I enjoyed mixing it up on the treadmill!

What's your favorite treadmill workout?

6 comments:

  1. that sounds like a great mix! i definitely have to do intervals on the treadmill.. and 4 miles is about my cap before i lose my mind! guess i better toughen up with winter coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never run on a treadmill and hope I can keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forced myself onto the TM the other night and did a progressive speed run. I was listening to my favorite playlist and as each song passed, I increased the speed by .2 and it was actually fun! It worked really well and I didn't get bored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm running on a tredmill I have to switch it up, intervals, increasing speed/incline, anything to switch it up. Steady state bores me to tears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Treadmill running can be so boring. I do a lot of what you do - 2 or 3 minute intervals, or one lap around the little light track! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, well, I did 20 miles on the treadmill last year. My ipod helps so much - I put that on, plus the tv for something to watch, and I'm good for a while!

    ReplyDelete