2012 Running Goals1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon--Check!! 1:49:16 with an asterisk since I'm not positive the course was precisely 13.1. Not to worry though as I plan on achieving sub 1:50 again!!
|Half #12 in 2012|
2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00-- Miss- I decided not to attempt this goal as to not injure myself while running 12 half marathons in 12 months.
2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month--Technically a miss--although I did run 100 miles in January, November, and I am certain I will do so in December with only 9 miles left to get me there.
2. Run a half marathon each month--Check!!
|12 shiny 1/2 marathon medals|
2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis--Partial Check-- I did a lot more of this than I have done in the past but I still need to work on this!
|Completed in February|
|Completed in March|
2. Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods-- Partial Check-- I did do a lot more cooking and healthier eating but I can still do better.
3. Drink more water--Check-- I am very pleased that I stayed on task with this one! Hydration has always been a struggle for me.
4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year-- Big Fat Miss-- I don't have an excuse and with less than 5 days left in 2012 I have to let it go and try again.
Overall I can't complain about 2012. It truly was a great, funfilled year.
I will return soon with my December review as well as my goals for 2013.
Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!