Thursday, December 27, 2012

Reflections of 2012

With less than a week left in 2012, I figured it would make sense to look back on the past year and see where I stand with the goals I set on January 1, 2012.

2012 Running Goals1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon--Check!!  1:49:16 with an asterisk since I'm not positive the course was precisely 13.1.  Not to worry though as I plan on achieving sub 1:50 again!!

Half #12 in 2012

2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00-- Miss- I decided not to attempt this goal as to not injure myself while running 12 half marathons in 12 months.
2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month--Technically a miss--although I did run 100 miles in January, November, and I am certain I will do so in December with only 9 miles left to get me there.

2. Run a half marathon each month--Check!!
12 shiny 1/2 marathon medals


2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis--Partial Check--  I did a lot more of this than I have done in the past but I still need to work on this!


Completed in February

Completed in March

2. Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods--  Partial Check--  I did do a lot more cooking and healthier eating but I can still do better.

3. Drink more water--Check--  I am very pleased that I stayed on task with this one!  Hydration has always been a struggle for me.

4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year--  Big Fat Miss--  I don't have an excuse and with less than 5 days left in 2012 I have to let it go and try again. 

Overall I can't complain about 2012.  It truly was a great, funfilled year.

I will return soon with my December review as well as my goals for 2013. 

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great 2012. I can't wait to read what 2013 holds for you. What was your favorite race that you did in 2012?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mallory! I enjoyed all of my races this year but my favorite by far was the Rock 'N Roll Savannah 1/2 Marathon. I got to walk the entire 13.1 miles with my best friend that had recently moved to Chicago. It was so special to have that time with her. I knew that friendship was much more important than any time on that clock that day!!

    ReplyDelete