Monday, December 31, 2012

December in Review

I have to say I was much better about blogging in December than in previous months.  With that, I give you my stats for December.

December 2012 stats
108-- running miles
0-- walking miles
0-- bike miles
0-- pool workouts
1-- core fitness/strength training workouts
0-- P90x plyo workouts
108-- total miles
No idea-- weight as of December 31, 2012 (my scale battery died today)

Current 2012 stats
863.02-- running miles
13.1-- walking miles
18.7-- bike miles
3-- pool workouts
58-- core fitness/strength training workouts
1-- P90x plyo workouts
894.82-- total miles
No idea-- current weight (my scale battery died)

2012 "to do list" December check-in
2012 Running Goals
1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon
-I decided to give it a shot at my final 1/2 marathon of 2012 and I finished in 1:49:16.  I keep an asterick next to this time though as I don't know the exact course measurement.  Just means I have to run another sub-1:50.
2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00
-I have come to the decision that I am not going to run a full marathon this year. With a goal of running a 1/2 marathon every month this year, I think it would be a bad idea to train for a full at the risk of getting injured.

2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month
- 108 miles in December!  I am happy to finish on a high note.  This is also my highest running mileage in a month in 2012.
2. Run a half marathon each month
-Santa Hustle Cedar Point 1/2 marathon (1:49:16).  12 halfs in 2012 done!




2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis
-1 strength training workout which only happened as a result of the snow storm.  90 minutes of snow shoveling.
2. Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods
-9 well-balanced meals prepared in December with all of the holiday activities we attended.
3. Drink more water
-Success!
4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year.
-Sadly I did not have success in this area in December either.

I have to say I am happy with how December turned out.  Today I am thinking about my goals and mini challenges for 2013 and will be back tomorrow with a review of 2012 as well as my plans for 2013.

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Jodi! Can't wait to read about your 2013 goals.

    ReplyDelete