Monday, July 30, 2012

Presque Isle 1/2 Marathon in memory of Uncle Joe

It has been over two weeks since I ran my July 1/2 marathon and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. 
On July 15 I ran 13.1 miles around Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA in memory of my Uncle Joe.  I had a very hard time finding a July 1/2 marathon but I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and my July 1/2 marathon didn't fall on the 15th coincidentally.  July 15th of 2011 was the last full day that Uncle Joe was with us as he passed away July 16th, 2011.  Uncle Joe works in mysterious ways.  He knew this was the race that I needed to be running and he made sure I found it when I did my search for a race.  He is always with us. 
There are times when a race have nothing to do with the time on the clock and this 1/2 marathon was one of them.  It was about honoring the memory of an amazing person.  When things got tough I just thought of Uncle Joe.  All 2 hours and 10 minutes were run in his honor.  

For Uncle Joe

July 1/2 marathon complete

Enjoying the water after the race

13.1 and done- all for Uncle Joe

With my July 1/2 marathon out of the way, I am looking forward to checking another state off the list for my August 1/2 marathon when I travel to Minnesota this weekend with Deb and Nikki.

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats... I'm sure your Uncle Joe is extremely proud of you. So sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!! I love that you went right in the water after!!

    ReplyDelete