Sunday, July 1, 2012

June in Review

Somehow June got away from me as I didn't write one single blog entry the entire month.  I think it was a combination of the end of the school year and the kids' activities.  I didn't do a lot of workouts this month but I did fit them in when I could. 

June 2012 stats
48.51-- running miles
6.2-- bike miles
0-- pool workout
0-- core fitness workouts
54.71-- total miles
154-- weight as June 30, 2012

Current 2012 stats
451.6-- running miles
12.2-- bike miles
1-- pool workout
56-- core fitness workouts
463.8-- total miles
154-- current weight

2012 "to do list" June check-in

2012 Running Goals
1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon
-I didn't even attempt this goal in June.  I seriously need to come up with a plan and commit to achieving this goal soon.
2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00
-I have come to the decision that I am not going to run a full marathon this year.  With a goal of running a 1/2 marathon every month this year, I think it would be a bad idea to train for a full at the risk of getting injured.
2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month
-48.51 miles run in June- a far cry from 100.  Oddly enough, I have come to terms with not achieving this challenge.  I'm just running to enjoy it right now.
2. Run a half marathon each month
-NCN Park 2 Park 1/2 Marathon (2:06:37)- This was a great half for June.  It was very small and close to home.  Missi and I ran the entire race together and both managed to place first in our age groups.  I was so busy this month that I didn't even get a chance to blog about it so here's a picture from the event.
2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis
-1 cross training/strength training workouts done in June-  One 6.2 mile bike ride towards the end of the month.  I still need to work on this!!
2. Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods
-13 well-balanced meals prepared in June- I will take it!
3. Drink more water
-I did an outstanding job with this in June.
4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year.
-I had a discussion about needing to take lessons while at our development pool.  Still need to make this happen.
Overall, June was a pretty decent month and I can't complain.  Bring on July!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so much better at cross training than I am. I really need to work on that...once I'm back to more consistent running and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete