Where to start? Um...how about let's start with how my goals (to-do list) for 2012 are going.
2012 Running Goals
1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon
2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00-- No work has been done on these two goals as of yet. I will be running plenty of 1/2 marathons for #1 and I am thinking fall is a good time to shoot for #2.
2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month- obviously this is a work in progress and I am currently at 17 miles and going strong.
2. Run a half marathon each month- will be running the Phoenix 1/2 marathon next Sunday...check January off the list!
2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis- did my first pool workout today while the kids were swimming at the YMCA
|No, this isn't our YMCA but it is a pool!!|
|One of the meals made this week|
4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year.- I have looked at the YMCA swim lesson calendar and have thought about calling to see about private lessons but that is as far as I have gotten.
I realize it is only January 7th but I am very proud of myself for my success this week. Only 51 more weeks to go to achieve those goals and complete my to-do list!
Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!