Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Look Back on 2011 and A Look Ahead to 2012

January 2011
*Training for the Cleveland Marathon began (there were many long runs where Jenn and I were sporting our ninja masks to get our run in during the crazy Cleveland winter)
*I spent many a morning running in circles on the indoor track at the YMCA
*Ran 104 miles

February 2011
*Traveled to Austin, TX with Deb and Nikki to knock out another state on our quest to run a 1/2 marathon in all 50 states
*Finally met Joe M. and many other dailymile runners while in Austin
*Traveled to Dublin, OH where I paced Dave to his first sub-2 hour 1/2 marathon
*Ran 100.09 miles




March 2011
*Ran my first 30K and finished dead last while getting first in my age group
*Said goodbye to my Grandma
*Ran my first 20 mile training run for the Cleveland Marathon
*Ran 136.4 miles





April 2011
*Placed first female overall at a local 5K
*Met Olympic Bronze Medalist Lynn Jennings
*Ran the Cleveland 10 Miler as part of a 20 mile training run with Dave and Jenn
*Met some more great running friends (Deb, Missi, Kim and Brigette) thanks to Dave
*Traveled to Nashville, TN with Deb and Nikki to run the RNR Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon in honor of Uncle Joe who was in the fight of his life, taking on esophogeal cancer.
*Met Kara Goucher and she autographed my book
*Ran 129.81 miles





May 2011
*Finally got to meet my admitted girl crush and several other bloggers
*Finished the Cleveland Marathon upright and with a smile on my face with A LOT of help from an amazing friend
*Was reminded to appreciate the love of the run
*Ran/walked my daughter's third 5K with her
*Committed to a sub-4:15 training plan, created by Joe, for the Columbus Marathon
*Ran 78.81 miles




June 2011
*Placed 3rd in my age group, with strep throat, at a local 5K
*Officially signed up for the Columbus Marathon
*Started training for the Columbus Marathon
*Ran 90.1 miles
July 2011
*Ran many miles in Myrtle Beach while on vacation
*Took a girls trip to Columbus with my best friend, Deb
*Said goodbye to Uncle Joe
*Ran 172.8 miles
*Set a new monthly mileage PR

August 2011
*Continued training for the Columbus Marathon
*Returned to work after enjoying the summer
*Ran 180.21 miles
*Set yet another monthly mileage PR

September 2011
*Ran my 1,000 mile for 2011
*Traveled to Philadelphia, PA with Deb and Nikki to take on the RNR Philly 1/2 Marathon
*Ran the "Rocky Steps" a couple times
*Met Jackie and Dan from the Biggest Loser
*Had an amazing final 20 mile training run for the Columbus Marathon
*Ran 115.29 miles


October 2011
*Traveled to Chicago to support Deb and Missi in their marathon
*Met Amanda while in Chicago
*Had the time of my life at the Columbus Marathon on October 16, 2011
*Crossed the finish line of the Columbus Marathon in 4:10:11 with the support of my amazing friends
*Ran all 26.2 miles of the Columbus Marathon in memory of Uncle Joe, he will always be our Superman
*Ran 83.2 miles



November 2011
*Just ran to run with no training plan
*Enjoyed a few beautiful runs in PA while visiting for Thanksgiving
*Ran 51.6 miles
*Least amount of miles run in a month in 2011

December 2011
*Traveled to Las Vegas, NV with Deb to run the RNR Vegas Strip at Night 1/2 Marathon
*Enjoyed an amzing girls weekend while in Vegas with my best friend
*Ran into Darlene on the course in a sea of 45,000 people
*Was told by my doctor that I was the picture of health (BP 110/62, weight 153 lbs, and BMI 22) and to keep running because it is working
*Ran 57.69 miles
*Ran my 1,300 mile on my basement treadmill on December 31, 2011




2011 was a great year overall.  Although there was great sadness in saying goodbye to two amazing family members, there were many more tears of joy and accomplishment shed!

With a wrap on 2011, I give you my "to do list" for 2012

2012 Running Goals
1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon
2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00

2012 Mini Running Challenges
1.  Run 100 miles per month
2.  Run a half marathon each month

2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1.  Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis
2.  Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods
3.  Drink more water
4.  I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year. 

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

3 comments:

  1. Great look back and a wonderful set of goals for the New Year! Hope to watch you check each of them off your list during 2012~ Go, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those ninja masks are something! Your mileage, PRs, and spirit were just amazing this year. Can't wait to see what 2012 holds on store! My sub-4:10 goal is being shelved until 2013 (for obvious reasons!) but I will be back to make good on it. No doubt you'll crush that goal this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Jodi! You had an excellent year and I know 2012 will be all that and better!

    ReplyDelete