Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday 7 Miler and Race Week

I headed out this morning to do my longest run since Cleveland. I got out there at 7:15 am and it was hot and humid already! I recently shared information about the importance of hydration on my blog. I took said advice and weighed myself before and after my run today. Before I left the scale registered 148.4 and upon my return I saw 147.2. It appears I "lost" 1.2 pounds out there today and I even drank 16 ounces of water during the workout so the heat was definitely a factor especially since I could literally wring the sweat out of my running clothes when I got home. I, of course, came home and drank 16 plus ounces of water to make up for that 1.2 pound "loss". I felt pretty good out there today. I made sure to take it easy and came in at 1:11.05 (10:09 pace). I will take it. Tomorrow is a rest day for me and my last day of work for the summer. I am looking forward to my early morning runs and spending lots of time with the kids. Of course I say that now but ask me next week how many times I have had to hear "I'm bored". HAHA!! My training schedule this week will be a "mini-taper" of sorts for the Girls With Sole 5K I am running next Sunday. It will be my first "race" back. I am very interested to see what my legs can do out there after many months of marathon training and recovery. And let me be completely honest, I have some "unfinished business" with that little thing called the finish line!! The plan for the week is pretty light. Run five miles Tuesday and Wednesday, four on Thursday and rest days on Friday and Saturday!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment