Friday, May 28, 2010

Gearing up for a fun run with my daughter tomorrow!!

Well, the cruise was wonderful and a much needed break from life. It was great to be able to sit by the pool and just read a book. I did run two times on vacation. On Tuesday, I ran when we were docked at Key West as evidenced by my pre-run photo in front of our ship.

Key West was a beautiful place to run. I really enjoyed looking at the scenery of this beautiful area and now I can say that I ran in Florida and it was HOT as can be seen in my post-run photo.
On Wednesday I actually ran on the ship's track. It wasn't too bad except for the crazy wind at one turn but I managed to get through it. When I wasn't running, I was lounging by the pool reading a book about....running, of course! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of "Run Like A Mother" as evidenced by the picture below. It was a very entertaining book and an easy read with lots of great information about running, cross-training, and many other life lessons. I highly recommend it to all the mother's, and non-mother's for that matter, out there. You will be glad you read it!
We got back home today and all my daughter can talk about is the "race" tomorrow. Yes, she is calling it a race. To me, it is a "fun run". A few other moms are planning to run the 5K with their kids tomorrow as well. I plan to let my daughter lead the way. If she needs to walk, we walk. If she wants to speed up, we speed up. In the end, all that matters is that we have fun doing something together. In fact, I am so determined to make this a fun run that I will be leaving my garmin at home and carrying my camera to capture it all in photos. I think part of my daughter's excitement stems from her "race outfit" for tomorrow. She picked out a really cute running skirt and tank top at Target last week. She then insisted I wear a running skirt and tank top as well. Now, I am well seasoned in the tank top wearing but the running skirt is a new experience for me. I will let you know how it goes. If nothing else, it will make for some cute race photos!
Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun time! (I'm Kazz from RWOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Key West too Tricia. I want to go back! And TMR, I actually follow your blog! :) Thanks for stopping by! Going to be blogging about our run later tonight or tomorrow morning. Stay tuned, I have a great picture of my daughter with air under her feet at the finish!!

    ReplyDelete