Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sunrises, Tank Tops, and Summer Temps

This week is spring break so I have to schedule my running around my husband's work hours so I can be home for the kids. For the past two days I have headed out early in the morning and pounded the pavement. Yesterday I headed out around 6:45 AM and enjoyed a beautiful sunrise and tank top weather during my 4 mile run. Today I headed out around 6:10 AM hoping to get in a 9 mile run. It was warm again today and the sunrise was once again beautiful however the wind was out of control. I ended up only running 8.2 miles due to time restraints and the wind working against me. I am okay with being less than a mile short of my intended run because afterall I often end up running a few extra tenths without realizing it. Tomorrow is a rest day and then Friday I head out for my 18 miler and of course the temperatures are going to drop back into the 40's. Although I am thinking I will be happy to have cool weather for that far of a run. Friday will be my longest run so far. Any suggestions or advice for me?

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi! I think Friday's weather should be great! It's been too warm too soon. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete