Thursday, October 31, 2013

October in Review

My 7 mile "Time of Day Tuesday" run brought my October running to a close.  I was originally going to run today but the neighbors I was planning to meet decided to cancel this morning due to the weather which I was perfectly fine with. There's always tomorrow!

The October Details

October 2013 stats

122.92-- running miles
0-- spin miles
0-- jump rope fitness workouts
0-- core fitness workout
0-- Pure Barre classes
0-- Fitness App workout
0-- walking miles
122.92-- total miles

Current 2013 stats
1188.11-- running miles
67-- spin miles (3 classes)
19-- jump rope fitness workouts
1-- core fitness workout
12-- Pure Barre classes
1-- Fitness App workout
9.69-- walking miles
1,264.80-- total miles

2013 "to do list" check-in

2013 Running Goals
1. First and foremost 26.2 under 4 hours--enough said
-The best laid plans....a rough race and a finish time of 4:52....fail.....




2. Achieve a second sub 1:50 half marathon so I can remove the asterick from my current sub 1:50 PR
-I did run the RNR Cleveland 1/2 this month but sub 1:50 wasn't achieved there.  I am not sure that the opportunity to achieve this goal will present itself before the end of the year but I'm not counting it out just yet...





2013 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month
-122.92 miles run in October.  Mission accomplished!
2. Run 1300 miles for the year
-111.89 miles to go to complete this challenge.

2013 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Cross-train at least twice a week
-Partial success and partial fail.  I did successfully complete the 30 day wall sit challenge this month.  In total I spent approximately 46 minutes "sitting on the wall" in October.  I didn't do any other cross-training during the month though.

2. Complete a jump rope workout every day
-Not a single jump rope workout completed. And...the trend continues...
3. Drink 50 ounces of water per day (based on my current weight, this is my daily water intake need)
-Done and done well.
4. Take my vitamins daily
-Vitamin taken every single day in October.
5. Continue to choose and cook healthier foods
-16 meals made in October.  I am very pleased with this one!
6. Learn to swim...better luck this year
-Ummmm.......yeah.......ummmm
October was great overall.  I enjoyed "time of day Tuesday", running for the "love of the run" and mixing in hills during my Sunday morning runs with the girls (and sometimes boys).
Amazing sunrise at the top of one of the hills during  my last long run for the month of October

Hill running with the girls (and boys)

The beauty that is the Metroparks

 Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing squats, wall sits must be as much fun! I bet you can feel it in your quads when you run.
    Nice month.

    ReplyDelete