Saturday, February 18, 2012

Why Do We Do It?

Ever wonder why we do what we do? 
Why we spend hours training for races? 
Why we run/swim/bike to raise money?
Why we run/swim/bike to honor someone's memory?
Why we run/swim/bike to honor someone's survival?

12am and I'm just leaving the office after a tough meet and a long trip. Why do we do it? We do it for the PR's. We do it for the team records (Charlotte Parent). We do it for the National cuts, and We do it for that .01 of second that means so much in our sport. I will never get rich doing what I do.... But I don't think I'd every have the chance to have worked with so many outstanding people in my life... That's why I do it- Eric Skelly, Head Swimming Coach at University of the Cumberlands

I think Eric hit the nail on the head here!

Why do YOU do what you do?

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment