Saturday, December 12, 2009

Who needs a stairclimber?

I ended up with a cold after last week's 5K. I didn't run at all until Thursday. I ran 4 1/2 miles on my friend Deb's treadmill. Last weekend Deb and I were looking ahead for races we could run in the coming months while we train for the Cleveland Marathon. We came across a tower climb. Upon further review, we learned that the tower climb involves running up 37 flights (646 steps) at the Galleria Mall in Cleveland. I decided to run my steps (15) at home today for my work out. I certainly need training for "Tackle the Tower". I was sweating buckets after 35 minutes on my steps and I can guarantee I was nowhere near running 646 steps.

This workout got me thinking, there are so many ways to workout using things around the house. This workout also made me realize that I seriousoly need to purchase a treadmill and maybe an elliptical too! So, what kind of winter workouts do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment