Thursday, December 31, 2009

Preparing for the official training to begin!

Well, Sunday will be day one of my official training schedule for the Cleveland Marathon. After watching the weather report last night for the next several days, I am thankful that my treadmill was delivered yesterday and that my elliptical is being delivered in the next hour. I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of my training for the marathon on said equipment. I made the mistake of running outside every single day (except one) last year while I was training for the Cleveland 1/2 Marathon. Of course running outside in the winter involved ice and in turn landed me with an injury that had me down for the count for two weeks (one of those weeks being on crutches). I ran 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday and it felt great. Thankfully there is a TV mounted on the wall in the basement or I may have been incredibly bored. Given the choice, I prefer to run outside but I will do what I need to do to stay healthy and injury free and if that means working out inside then so be it.

As I have mentioned before, I will be running the marathon in honor of my dear friend, Deb. The weekend of the marathon it will be ten years since she had a brain tumor removed. We are forming a team to raise money and awareness for brain tumor treatment and research in her name. Once I have the information about our team, I will post it on my blog so that others who are interested may join the team or make a donation!

I am continually amazed at the love I have found for running again! As of December 24, 2009, I have lost 40 pounds!

The first picture is from December 26, 2008 at a mini high school reunion with my friend, and fellow runner, Robert. I was 194 pounds in that picture. The second picture is from December 24, 2009 at my house on Christmas Eve with my dear friend, and running buddy, Deb. I was 154 pounds in that picture!
















































No comments:

Post a Comment