Sunday, May 10, 2015

April in Review

My April training came to an end with a pre-dawn 6 mile run with Heather and Chrindye.  It was a great way to end the month as it was a great run with negative spilts for me.









April 2015 Stats
100.9-- running miles
5.4- walking miles
0-- stair workouts
3/4- monthly fitness challenge workout
106.3-- total miles

Current 2015 Stats
320.82-- running miles
13.67-- walking miles
3-- stair workouts
3 3/4-- monthly fitness challenge workout
334.49-- total miles

2015 Mission check-in

Mission #1: Complete 6 monthly challenges
Action Plan: Find monthly challenges online.
Action Plan: Actually complete the monthly challenge.
Mission #1 was going well in April until the last week when I just didn't get the planks in.  I still have time to complete this mission.  I haven't started a May challenge simply because I'm running a marathon next Sunday and have been focused on that.  3 months complete, 3 months to go.









Mission #2: Cross off at least 3 more states in Deb, Nikki, and I's quest to run a 1/2 marathon in all 50 states (we have 36 states left....we best get moving...we aren't getting any younger!!)
Action Plan: Research 1/2 marathons in the states we haven't completed yet.
Action Plan: Actually register and participate in said 1/2 marathons.




So far we have completed AL, AZ, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, NV, OH, PA, TN, and TX
Mission #2 had no progress in April. We need to plan our next race ASAP!  I guess I better get to researching 1/2 marathons!!

Mission #3: Run 1000 miles in 2015
Action Plan: Run.
Action Plan: Run some more.

Just Run

20 Miles Done

12 Miles Done

Mission #3 was just over 100 miles for the month. 100.9 miles run in March (679.18 miles to go).

Mission #4: Complete 4 stair workouts per month (*Edited in February to read complete an occasional stair workout*)
Action Plan: Do one stair workout per week.
Mission #4 didn't go at all in April either.  The mileage for the marathon rapidly increased in April so I didn't do much in the lines of other workouts.  There's always tomorrow.




So true
Mission #5: Cook more and eat healthier
Action Plan: Plan ahead with recipes and food prep.
Action Plan: Utilize my crockpot more often.
Mission #5 is going okay. Some weeks continue to be better than others but we are eating at home more often.  With the weather warming up we have been utilizing the grill as well.






April was a decent month overall.  I got the long runs in the best I could.  I did miss 8 miles of my 18 mile run because my daughter had a figure skating competition but I figure the 10 fast-paced miles would cover the 8 miles I missed. 

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

1 comment: