Saturday, February 1, 2014

January in Review

A great outdoor 5.5 mile run last night brought my January training to an end.  It was so nice to be outside after being stuck doing indoor workouts for so long!

January 2014 Stats
44.50-- running miles
3.08-- walking miles
3--  kettlebell workouts
2--  stair workouts
47.58-- total miles

Current 2014 Stats
44.50-- running miles
3.08-- walking miles
3-- kettlebell workouts
2-- stair workouts
47.58-- total miles

2014 Mission check-in

Mission #1: Make an effort to eat more fruits and vegetables.
Action Plan: Always have fruits and vegetables cleaned, cut up, and ready for consumption.
Action Plan: Choose healthier options when snacking.
Mission #1 is going very well.  The bonus to this is that my kids are eating a lot more fruits and vegetables and opting for healthier snacks as well!

Mission #2: Accept and embrace that my best is good enough.
Action Plan: Stop comparing myself to others and compare myself to the person I was yesterday.
Action Plan: Define my own success and measure it by what I am able to do.
Mission #2 is a work in progress.  I have my days but I am learning to embrace that I am only competing against myself.
Mission #3: Run 1400 miles in 2014.
Action Plan: Run.
Action Plan: Run some more.
Mission #3 is off to a slow start with 44.50 miles run in January but I have 11 more months to get there! (1355.50 mile to go)
Mission #4: Run happy.
Action Plan: Run training runs and races with friends as often as I can.
Action Plan: Listen to my heart and not the beeps on my Garmin.
Action Plan: Be thankful that I have been blessed with a healthy body that allows me to run.
Mission #4 is right on track!  Loving and happy with the run right now!!
Mission #5: Do other workouts in addition to running.
Action Plan: Find workouts I enjoy and actually do them.
Action Plan: Participate in some monthly fitness challenges.
Mission #5 is going so much better than last year's additional workouts.  In January I walked on the treadmill 3 times, did 3 kettlebell workouts, and 2 stair workouts.

I can honestly say I am very happy with my January because I am doing what is best for me and not worrying about anyone else.  I am defining my own sucess and I'm loving it!!




Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to write a January Recap post! Good job on the XT!!

    ReplyDelete