Wednesday, April 17, 2013

For Boston

I am still in shock over the events that took place on Monday.  I had every intention of an epic workout Monday afternoon inspired by my friends successes at Boston.  How quickly that run turned into prayer and meditation with zero concern for my pace or distance.  I am a runner and I did what I know how to do...run.
2011 Columbus Marathon
When I picked my daughter up from her ice skating lessons yesterday afternoon she asked me what the definition of a limb was.  I knew exactly where this was going.  She had questions because other kids were talking about it at school.  All she knew prior to going to school yesterday was that there had been explosions in Boston on Monday.  We had a short coversation about the events on Monday and I answered her questions the best I could.  Fast forward to later in the evening and I mentioned that I was going to head out for a run and my daughter asked if I was going to run for Boston.  My reply was simply yes.  I had decided to run 4 miles 4 Boston so I headed out for a pace run with the intent to run the BQ pace for my age group (8:23) for those affected by the senseless tragedy on Monday.  I passed several people during my run and every last one of them gave a wave, a head nod, or a hello.  It was as if they were saying, we understand and we know what you are doing.  I ran that 4 miles with a heavy heart and swift feet.
4 Miles 4 Boston


Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inpsire me!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I love the way the running community is taking this on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are there right there with you.

    ReplyDelete