Thursday, January 31, 2013

January in Review

An amazing hill repeat session on my basement treadmill brought my January training to a close.  I am actually following a training plan that I created to see what kind of results I am capable of for the Rock 'N Roll USA 1/2 in DC in March so I am very excited to see how I finished out January.
My mantra on the treadmill this afternoon!
The January Details
 
January 2013 stats
100.31-- running miles
19-- jump rope fitness workouts
1--  core fitness workout
100.31--  total miles

Current 2013 stats
100.31--running miles
19-- jump rope fitness workouts
1--  core fitness workout
100.31--  total miles

2013 "to do list" check-in

2013 Running Goals
1. First and foremost 26.2 under 4 hours--enough said
-As of January 31, 2013 I have been looking at marathons to determine where I would like to attempt this goal.
2. Achieve a second sub 1:50 so I can remove the asterick from my current sub 1:50 PR
-I fell short of this goal at the Rock 'N Roll Arizona 1/2 when my knee had other plans.  I am hoping to achieve this goal while running in DC in March.

2013 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month
-100.31 miles run in January
2. Run 1300 miles for the year
- 1,199.69 miles to go to complete this challenge

2013 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Cross-train at least twice a week
-I was doing really well with this one up until I had to give up my daily jump rope workout.  I plan to correct this in the coming months.  In fact I am stepping way out of my comfort zone and taking a Pure Barre class tomorrow.  I am both excited and nervous.
2. Complete a jump rope workout every day
-19 jump rope workouts completed.  I had to make the decision to bail on this challenge due to extreme knee pain after my 1/2 in Arizona.  I plan to alter this and try and get in a few jump rope workouts per month while making sure my knee isn't compromised.
3. Drink 50 ounces of water per day (based on my current weight, this is my daily water intake need)
-I'm happy to say I have been able to do this one with relatively little effort.
4. Take my vitamins daily
-Vitamin taken every single day in January
5. Continue to choose and cook healthier foods
-11 meals made in January. I plan to keep up with this and utilize my crockpot more.  It's so nice to come home and have a meal waiting for you.
6. Learn to swim...better luck this year
-We all know this one is a thorn in my side.  I have done extensive research in regards to swim lessons.  I just need to figure out what will fit my schedule and make the commitment.

Overall I am very pleased with my January training.  I got to spend some time in Arizona with my best friend where the weather and the company were perfect.  This brings me to tomorrow, according to the calendar, tomorrow is February 1.  If you follow my blog you know I did a 30 day challenge last February where I gave up chips and sweets and did some type of fitness workout each day.  One of my staff members participated in it with me last year.  She came to me this week and asked if we could do the February challenge again.  So it looks like no chips or sweets for me starting tomorrow.  Anyone else want to join us?

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your goals! I've never thought to write them out like that. I'm running my first marathon in May!

    ReplyDelete