Monday, September 3, 2012

August in Review


Another month has come and gone and now we are headed into fall.  This could only mean one thing, it is time for another month in review.

August 2012 stats
32.32-- running miles
0-- bike miles
0-- pool workout
0-- core fitness workouts
32.32-- total miles
157-- weight as August 31, 2012
Current 2012 stats
552.29-- running miles
18.7-- bike miles
3-- pool workouts
56-- core fitness workouts
570.99-- total miles
157-- current weight

2012 "to do list" August check-in
2012 Running Goals
1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon
-Still havent attacked this goal.  I need to be more serious about my running/training to even consider being successful in this area.2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00
-I have come to the decision that I am not going to run a full marathon this year. With a goal of running a 1/2 marathon every month this year, I think it would be a bad idea to train for a full at the risk of getting injured.

2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month
-32.32 miles run in August- Definitely a far cry from 100.  As I said in my sub-1:50 half marathon goal above, I need to be more serious about running/training to even come close to 100 miles in a month.2. Run a half marathon each month
-Minnesota 1/2 Marathon (2:14:26)- My August 1/2 marathon knocked another state off the list of 50!
2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis
-0 cross training/strength training workouts done in August.  Once again I have no excuse for this, I just didn't do it.
2. Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods
-7 well-balanced meals prepared in August- Same number of meals made in August as were made in July however I did make better choices as can be seen in my 1.4 pound weight loss.
3. Drink more water
-I continue to have success in this area.
4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year.
-I was attempting to "swim laps" in our development pool and my daughter said:  "You said you couldn't swim, but you are swimming".  I said not properly though.  I don't put my head under water.  I really need to take care of this mini challenge.

August wasn't my best month but I still managed to get up and move a few times so I have to consider it a success.  I started out September strong with a 10 mile run yesterday.  Let's see if I can keep it going for the next 27 days!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

2 comments:

  1. Hold on to the side of the pool, kick ur feet and work on putting ur head in the water and breathing properly. Then move to holding a kickboard and try that. Hm... only if I were going to be there longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you lay everything out, I'm going to have to do that, I think it will help me stay focused more (and to use that set up for things OTHER than workouts) =)

    ReplyDelete