Sunday, April 1, 2012

March in Review

As March comes to a close, I am once again grateful for the very mild winter we have had in Ohio this year.  It makes for pleasant running conditions!

March 2012 stats
73.1-- running miles
0-- bike miles
0-- pool workout
27-- core fitness workouts
73.1-- total miles
151.8-- weight as of March 31, 2012 (an increase of .4 but I certainly can't complain about that since I added sweets and chips back into my diet)

Current 2012 stats
258.3-- running miles
6-- bike miles
1-- pool workout
56-- core fitness workouts
264.3-- total miles
151.4-- current weight

2012 "to do list" March check-in
2012 Running Goals
1. My number one running goal is to run a sub-1:50 half marathon
-I am considering attempting my sub-1:50 at my April or May half marathon
2. Secondary to the goal of a sub-1:50, I would like to attempt to run another marathon PR (sub-4:10:11) with a stretch goal of running a sub-4:00:00
-I haven't really thought too much about this one lately
2012 Mini Running Challenges
1. Run 100 miles per month
-73.1 miles run in March- I fell short again this month but a nagging hamstring and foot influenced my decision to take additional rest days and I'm happy to report that both the hamstring and foot are feeling better.
2. Run a half marathon each month
-Rock CF Rivers 1/2 Marathon (1:53:15)
2012 Non-Running Mini Challenges
1. Increase the amount of cross-training/strength training I do on a monthly basis
-27 core workouts done in March
2. Focus on choosing and cooking healthier foods
-15 well-balanced meals prepared in March
3. Drink more water
-I further increased my water intake for March so I am moving in the right direction here
4. I promised a certain someone that if they ran a marathon with me I would learn to swim so I intend to make good on that promise this year.
-I looked at the swim lesson information again and am trying to figure out when I can take lessons.

March was a decent month with lots of amazing running weather!  I am excited to see how April goes since I have finally created a plan to work towards that sub 1:50 1/2 marathon goal!  Next stop for the 1/2 marathon in all 50 states is Louisville, Kentucky at the end of the month!  I'm definitely looking forward to another trip with Deb and Nikki!  Should we take our Derby hats?  LOL!

Keep running, you're simply the best, and you inspire me!!

1 comment:

  1. I took some swimming lessons a couple of years ago, but I should probably take some more so that I could get a bit more comfortable in the water. Its just not convenient or much of a priority for me right now.

    ReplyDelete